Our Not So Simple, Intentional December

If you’ve been following my little blog here for any length of time, you may have seen my posts at the end of each month where I share some of the simple, intentional opprotunities my family and I had to serve the Lord and each other.

Let me tell ya – I had some grand and glorious ideas for December that I was planning on sharing with you!

Daily crafts.

Weekly baking projects.

Bedtime advent readings.

DIY gift making.

…busy, busy, busy.

My original intention for this post was to be at the end of the month and to be much longer than what it is going to be.

But…

I haven’t done one single thing on my grand and glorious Christmas list.

I don’t have much simple, intentional ideas to share with you this month.

About the second day into my scheduled projects I was already feeling overwhelmed. So I’ve decided that this year, I’m going to throw out all my normal expectations of what a successful Christmas should look like.

Instead of crafts and baking, I’m going to spend more time playing in the snow making snow angels and ice castles.

playing in snow

Playing in snow
Instead of DIY gifting and elaborate decorating, I’m going to spend more time snuggled up on the couch with my babies eating popcorn and watching movies.

Also, this will be my last post until after Christmas – maybe even til after the new year. I’m going to use the time I would normally spend blogging to further engage into our not so simple, intentional December!

Wishing you and yours a blessed and merry Christmas! See ya on the flip-side.

11 comments for “Our Not So Simple, Intentional December

1. December 18, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Sometimes simple really does = simple. 🙂
    I know you will enjoy this time with your family.

Blessings to you and your family this Christmas and in the coming year.
    -Kimberly

• December 18, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Haha! So true!! Thanks, Kimberly! Merry Christmas to you as well!

Liked by 1 person

2. December 18, 2015 at 7:31 pm

It sounds like you’ve found the important things to spend time on this year 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• December 19, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Thanks 🙂 I do like to do fun projects with the kids and I want to start establishing some of our own traditions – but I’m just no into all of it this year. First Christmas since we’ve moved away from home and just wanna keep things easy. Merry Christmas to you!!!

Liked by 1 person

3. December 20, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Merry Christmas Megan! Thanks for the follow! i am really enjoying your blog too – it’s always nice to meet someone else who blogs for the Lord. Keep up the good work!!!
    Lots of love in Jesus, Molly (puredisciple.org)

4. December 22, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Great idea, Megan. I don’t need to make plans because my daughter makes them for me. 🙂 You won’t regret those snow angels. They’re only little for awhile. You’re a good mother.
    Christmas Blessings ~ Wendy

Liked by 1 person

• December 28, 2015 at 4:54 pm

5. December 28, 2015 at 2:33 pm

i am so glad you gave yourself permission to just be present and not have to do any one thing. what freedom! blessings on you and your family.

Liked by 1 person

• December 28, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Thank you, Lois! We had a fun, relaxing Christmas 🙂 Blessings to you as well!

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s